Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 7 & 8

So I'm totally stealing this idea from many of my Facebook friends. But instead of putting it on Facebook, I'll put it on my blog. :)

Day 7:

Today I am thankful for the people I have met in my short career. The residents, my fellow aides, and other random people. I enjoy going into a facility and looking forward to working. I get excited knowing that some people are on the same shift as me. I find myself starting to get attached to people at certain facilities. I can't wait to find a steady job, and I'm sorta keeping my fingers crossed its the one I've been working on for the last few weeks. ;-)

Day 8:

I am SO glad my daughter has healthcare insurance. She's been fighting a fever for 2 days now, nothing "serious" but 102.2 isn't anything to laugh off either. She was given a good few rounds of tylenol and motrin and I made her an appointment for this morning. Naturally I underestimated my quickness at getting ready and the Ft Carson traffic at 8:30 in the morning. We made it into the pediatric clinic with moments to spare before her appointment. We hung around a few minutes and we were finally seen by a nurse practitioner. Kaylin got her ears, eyes, nose, throat and abdomen checked. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing to explain the fever. All I got was a script for Tylenol (not complaining there) and a "wait and see what develops" diagnosis. Not my goal but hey at least I know that I did the right thing. I can't imagine having her and not having any insurance for moments like that. Her fever sprang up on us while I was at work in just a matter of hours she was miserable and it was still climbing. Poor baby, poor mommy.

No comments: