Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 02- A picture of the person you have been closest with longest

Steph and I, May 2006
Stephanie. The one person that I have known the longest and has stuck around through it all. No matter what I was doing, who I was with, or where my life was; she has always been there.

We met in 1998 when our families built houses a lot apart. It wasn't, by far, an instant connection but once the connection was made there it was. We hung out all the time, had sleep overs and enjoyed the same sort of things. Only difference was that she's a night owl, and then I was definitely a morning person. Many of our sleep overs consisted of me falling asleep and then waking her up early.

She's always been willing to listen as any good friend should. She's been there during the good and the bad. The times I've had my heart broken, and when the good times are out. We've shared a locker in high school, and drinks late at night. 

I remember calling her on evening from Germany after she wrote me complaining I didn't tell her that I was pregnant. *blush* I had tried but apparently wrote down her phone number wrong. I think we talked for 2 1/2 hours that night. I hadn't talked to her on the phone in months, but our friendship picked up like no time had gone by at all. Things were awesome, she was so excited and I even talked her in to visiting Germany after the baby was born. A few weeks later, I get a message on Facebook saying SHE can't come visit when we had planned (December 2010) because she was pregnant. Here we are 8,000 miles apart and only a few weeks apart in pregnancy. I stalked her Facecbook for weeks after Kaylin was born waiting to see pictures of Keaton. Now that I've met the little guy in person, he's the cutest thing ever!

To my best friend. The one who's always been there, even when we don't talk often. Here's to 13 wonderful years and MANY more to come. Thanks for being my best friend. <3

No comments: