Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 10 – A picture of someone you do the craziest things with

2008
So I'm bending the rules a little bit again today. But not in the way you're going to think. I'm posting more than one picture this time. Because every picture I have is a memory that I will never forget.

One of MANY black and white pictures
It was August 2008. I was in a rough part of my life. Things hadn't gone the way I had hoped for months. I had recently left Greeley, where I was pursuing a nursing degree to move back home to the Springs.

Erica and I had worked together years before at Chuck E Cheese. We weren't the best of friends, but I didn't hate her guts either.

When Erica found out I moved back to town, she messaged me her cell number and insisted we hang out. I wrote her back with my number and said that we'd have to plan something soon.

The button was a roll, that said..."This is how I roll"
Little did I know, that the promise of "soon" was going to lead to one of the most rewarding friendships I've ever had. I text her for the first time just after I had started school. (I only remember this from the self titled album on Facebook) She knew of a party we could go to, to celebrate our first weekend of the school year.

And from there it was on like Donkey Kong. We spent  every weekend day together, practically inseparable. If she wasn't with me, I was with her. My family became her second family, and to this day they still ask about her all the time. I'd get asked, "Where's Erica?" or "Are you going with Erica?" I knew the way to her house like the back of my hand. SHOOT, after almost 3 years of NOT being there I still managed to find the way and pop in for a Halloween surprise with my Little.

Her family became like my second family. To this day her mom, dad, and brother are "our" family. We spent Thanksgiving with her family, until the the wee hours of the morning. The inside jokes we have can't even be counted.

I honestly know that I would have never gotten through those 6 months without her. It hurt to have her leave for basic training, but I was honored to help her study so much for the ASVAB.

I love this girl, she can be miles away and I still feel like she's here with me. I miss her like crazy and I'm so glad she's happy. I can't wait to see her at Christmas time, I wonder what kind of trouble we'll all get in. :)

To my Erica Lynn...my right hand, the one I have to give so much credit to. I love you, you rock. Always. The only one who I know that can fall, flat on her face in the middle of a field for no apparent reason. <3

No comments: