Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 07 – A picture that makes you laugh

The Little's first experience with Oreo's

So I know I didn't post yesterday, but if you go here I hope you can forgive me.

This picture was taken at the Lake in Germany. Megan and I had taken our kiddos out on one of the only hot summer days this year. I'd been itching to get Kaylin into the cute little 1 piece and matching hat my mom had sent for her birthday.

Naturally it hadn't been very warm in the summer. The summer before the temperature peaked around 100 degrees in the middle of July. And, as any pregnant woman knows that kind of heat makes the mommy-to-be completely and udderly miserable. Especially when the country you live in doesn't really believe in air conditioning. It was the hottest summer in German history, in 100 years. And I was 9 months pregnant.

Our first summer in Germany was mild, I think I wore jeans and a t-shirt or tank top the entire time. Not massively hot, but not terribly cold either. Fast forward to our last summer and it was less than our first. It was gloomy, cold, and rainy the vast majority of the time. It hardly felt like summer. Any time the sun was out and the wind wasn't blowing the girls (and Logan) and I would make sure to get out of the house and walk somewhere.

So by the middle of July, I was dying to get Kaylin into an outdoor swimming pool. We hit a "hot streak" for a few days the weather got to be around 80. I couldn't wait, I made instant plans with Megan and to the beach/lake we went. As a treat I bought mini Oreo cookies for the kids to share. Kaylin took to them like a duck to water. She probably ate the equivalent to 4 normal Oreo cookies. I love that little Oreo face.

No comments: