Monday, October 18, 2010

Shots, OB and New Challenges

Well there is so much on my mind right now, so I guess I'll just start from the beginning.

Kaylin had her 2 month well baby visit. Despite being "tiny" she's doing well. A whopping 10 lbs 11 oz and 21 1/4 inches long. Mommy and Daddy aren't the tallest people, so she may just have Mommy's short gene...poor baby. Hopefully she gets my metabolism too, and from the way she eats...she just may. She also had her first round of shots, she got 3 and a drink sort of one. I felt so bad for her, I couldn't even look at it. I just held her little hands and kissed her forehead while I whispered that I loved her and she'd be okay. Once she was done and had Garfield band aids on her legs I scooped her up and cuddled with her. It felt so good to "save" my baby. Then we went down the hall and I fed her. She ate up a storm and then passed out. Which was nice because we still had lots to do, though we had plenty of time to do it.

Then we drove around a bit, ran some errands and then headed down to Landstuhl. We were quite a bit early, since my appointment wasn't until 1400, and we got there just after 1200. But we had to stop at the pharmacy and I was hungry. We picked up my prescription and Kaylin ate. Thankfully the pharmacy had baby Tylenol, because poor baby was hurting. :( So after that kicked in she ate again and then fell back asleep until we got home. I even managed to wash her bottles before she woke up. Now I've gotta go make her some bottles and get some darn sleep before my alarm goes off early tomorrow morning again. *sigh*

Dennis told me the other day he knows where they are going when he gets deployed. Let's just say...not too happy. I try not to think about it but its creeping up so fast. Once Dennis comes home at the end of the month, he's home until they leave. So the deployment is going to be a lot closer on the other side of this field exercise. I soooo want this month to be over so he's back home where he belongs...but at the same time I want him to stay out there longer so that he can still come home and this deployment never happens. But once it does happen we can go home. Argh, so I guess...BRING IT ON DEPLOYMENT. We're gonna kick your ass... :)

No comments: