Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 22 – A picture of something you never leave the house without


There a lot of things I typically don't leave the house without doing. My make up, toenails painted (if I'm wearing flip flops; or toe revealing shoes), hair at least done (even if done means a messy bun) and of course when I leave the house with the Little, I have to make sure we've got enough diapers, wipes, snacks, juice cup, and pacifier with the cool leash.

But rarely (if ever) do I leave the house without my cell phone. I'm the one that will run up the 7 flights of stairs to grab my cell phone when I've forgotten it.

Its so funny to think about how much technology has changed lives today. Not only are we breaking through in the medical field, you can access the internet at any time, anywhere, and do basically anything.

And even now I cannot imagine leaving the house without a phone that connects me to the internet. Or actually my phone at all. I don't even know how the people who lived in even the 1980's survived. What did they do when their car broke down on the side of the road? I mean I totally get walking to the nearest house/gas station and using their pay phone. But that would really suck. Its amazing at how much things have grown.

Once people had to keep track of their money by balancing their check books and comparing their end of month bank statements. Now we have online banking and our account balance available at our fingertips. Letter writing, check writing, and typewriter ribbon are all a thing of the past.

With everything we have now I'm curious to see what is going to be the next thing. I wonder what Kaylin won't leave the house without.

No comments: