Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 17 – A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

A snowy view of Pikes Peak from the Garden of the Gods
 This one was really a challenge for me. Nothing has recently impacted my life that much. Okay, let me rephrase that. Nothing has impacted my life much that I am able to take a picture of. Because there are definitely things that have impacted my life recently.

 Snow and I have a love hate relationship. I love when it snows. I love the glistening white powder covering the trees, ground, and rooftops. I absolutely cannot stand when I have to go anywhere in it. Typically its cold, and I hate the cold. If it snowed and was 90 degrees outside I'd be set for life. Because its pretty, I just loathe being cold.

Plus when it snows its like every bad driver known to mankind needs to go somewhere at the very same time I am. I don't mind going slower due to treacherous road conditions but I do mind going 5 miles an hour at the bottom of a steep hill. Sorry but there is no way that you'll make it up that hill going that slow; and now you're putting me in danger as well as yourself.

In fact, I really wouldn't even mind being snowed in somewhere up in the mountains for a few days. As long as I have a few basic, "necessities" I'll be set. Give me a fireplace, coffee, a few really warm blankets (oh my fantasy place has heat..do not be concerned), and enough food for a few days...I'd be good. See I don't mind when it snows, I just hate having to drive in it with all the other idiot drivers. In turn, I find snow peaceful and rejuvenating.

Downtown Colorado Springs
There aren't many views like this one. A snow covered mountain scene with a downtown Colorado Springs Skyline. Its actually quite beautiful. There aren't many places like it on Earth.

The only place that I have seen that can take my breath away like this place, was in Bavaria, Germany. The Alps were incredible. I can't say for sure, we'd be in Germany for almost a year at that point; and when you're used to waking up to scenery like this every morning, anything that is bigger than a hill can be quite the spectacle. They reminded me of home, and for the first time since we left Colorado I felt like I belonged in that foreign country.

Okay now try and tell me that is not BEAUTIFUL.

Didn't think ya could. Though when we were there it wasn't snowing but it was chilly. I don't think I could have dealt with that walk with ice and snow. I almost died as it was. But I blame that on the 30+ minute hike up the hill to the castle itself and being 5 months pregnant.

With all the changes going on, I'm going with remember the small things. Take a step back and enjoy the spilled milk; one day you'll look around and those hand prints on your walls won't be there anymore.

No comments: