Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 21 – A picture of something you wish you could forget


Typically I am not one of those people who wants to forget things. Not because there isn't plenty that I could wish to forget, but more because I believe that every experience, whether good or bad, has shaped who I am today. Even with all the bad with Dennis, I wouldn't have my adorable little girl to spoil the heck out of this Christmas.

Early in high school, I went through a huge horror movie phase. I wanted to see them all, Friday the 13th, The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween. You name it, my goal was to see it. Not because they scared me, more because they were funny and it definitely peeked my interested. In the middle of The Exorcist my mom came down and says,

Has her head spun around and has she puked green slime, yet?

No mom, but thanks for ruining the movie.

 However there is one movie I could have lived without seeing. Pet Sematary. That movie is as weird as it is creepy. Unlike some of my other friends, the creepiest and grossest part of the entire movie was when the little creepy, half dead toddler (would that count as a zombie toddler??!!) sliced the Achilles Tendon's of the old guy as he leaned over to look under the bed.

Knowing what I know about anatomy, that man wouldn't be able to walk. You know, the Achilles Tendon connects the heel to the muscles of the lower leg. Not only would the elderly man be bleeding out and in an enormous amount of pain, but he'd also be completely unable to walk. Without your Achilles Tendon, your calf muscles would curl up and you'd be out of luck.

THAT is definitely an image that I wouldn't mine forgetting.

No comments: