Sunday, October 16, 2011

An Idiot Abroad

Traveling is on probably 90% of the world's population's bucket list. I mean who wouldn't want to see The Eiffel Tower, The Statue of Liberty, The Pyramids of Giza, etc. I sure as heck know I'd love to see some of those places. Yes, I've seen the Eiffel Tower and its freaking awesome. But still I know I'm missing out.

Insert British Podcaster, Karl Pinkerton, a few travel savvy friends, and an endorsement from Sky 1 (a British channel). Karl is totally anti-travel. He rarely leaves his comfort zone of London. Until his friends decided to send him to the 7 wonders of the world, put him up in so many various scenarios, and film it all for the entertainment of the people.

Now anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a huge fan of reality tv. I think its gotten way out of control (Jersey Shore...come on!) and everyone and their sister wants their 5 minutes of fame. But An Idiot Abroad has definitely peaked my curiosity. Between Karl's disfunctional friends who put him up in the dingiest hotels, have him to the most ridiculous things, and Karl himself who is absolutely hysterical, the show makes for some fantastic entertainment.

What comes out of his mouth every now and then, is priceless. I can't tell you the number of times that I've sat here and cried because of this show. He is so funny. But he's a good sport, he tries what his friends want him to try, does what people tell him (mostly) but he's always, always got something to say about it.

Seriously. If you want to watch, or have any interest in all...let me now. I will show you how to watch it free online. Completely and totally worth your time. And you'll fall in love with Karl. (Not car)

No comments: