Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 33 – A picture of somewhere you went today

Denver Museum of Nature and Science

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm cheating...a bit. We went yesterday. But my goal was to write this yesterday, but I was tired.

One of my favorite places in the world sits just an hour (ish) north of me. Yeah, I'm a museum geek. I love them. Okay well most of them, I'm not a huge fan of paintings; hence why the science museum is my place.

Ever since I was little this place has fascinated me. I love seeing all the different animals in their "habitat", the dinosaur bones, and learning all about my health in the (then) Hall of Life.

So for the first time in 7 years, I stepped foot in front of the giant building that I knew and loved. This time I took my darling daughter with me. I was so excited that I didn't even mind getting up early, and barely remember the drive.

Little in front of a skeleton
I "ooh-ed" and "ahh-ed" at everything, trying to get my Little as interested as possible. Ya know, her attention span is that of a gnat's so riding around in a comfy stroller looking at things that aren't moving...doesn't captivate her for long. She ran around some of the animal exhibits that were less crowded, and climbed to get some of that energy out. By the time we got to the dinosaurs she honestly could have cared less. However I find it funny that I have taken pictures maybe around 4 or 6 from some of the same locations that I made her take pictures yesterday. In over 20 years, the majority of that exhibit hasn't changed.

The only thing that really bummed me out was not being able to share the Hall of Life with her. The Hall of Life was closed in (I want to say) 2009 to be replaced with a much needed updated version. So now we have the Exhibition Life exhibit. Naturally it was always the most packed exhibit and yesterday was no exception. It didn't help that I chose to go while every other kid in Denver seemed to be on spring break. Oh well, looks like we'll just have to go again one random day before school's out. I made sure I did the face aging part of the exhibit and found out what I would look like overweight at 70. Not necessarily the most attractive thing ever. Definitely makes me want to eat better and exercise more.
The T-Rex at the entrance

All in all it was a wonderful day. We had a lot of fun and took lots of pictures. I'm definitely looking forward to going back.

Oh and the best part, military gets in free. Yup, little known fact for you all there. :)

No comments: