Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 32 – A picture of what you did today

Noodles and Company
After a long day at work the last thing I really want to do is make food when I come home. Especially when I haven't eaten more than chips and coffee all day, seeing as I realized half way to work that I left my lunch at home vending machine food it was.

On the way home I was starving, and the Little was grumpy. Food was definitely in order, and guess who wins at parenting today and totally forgot to pull something out of the freezer for dinner.

And then I remembered the beautiful restaurant on our way home. Noodles and Company. I'm pretty sure this is a fantastic gift from God. Not only will they allow you to substitute to make it your way, they even know what the heck you're talking about. Thank you pasta Gods.

So there I stood in front of a fairly cute cashier trying to explain that I wanted the original House Marinara (which has been taken off the menu for a few years, I guess...). He totally smiled as I described that I wanted the Spaghetti and Meatballs without meatballs, and penne pasta.

So the House Marinara, huh?
I am fairly certain the smile on my face was huge while holding my 19 month old daughter on my mom hip. Honestly, had he asked me to marry him right then and there, it would have been a done deal.

Yes, please! Oh my gosh I'm so excited you knew what I was talking about!
He smiled, we chatted and a few minutes later the Little and I were out the door with her Wisconsin Mac-N-Cheese and my specially made House Marinara.

My long day was completely worth it to get those stewed tomatoes (only kind I will eat in chunks), penne noodles, cheese and Parmesan crusted chicken.

Friday rocks.

No comments: