Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 30 – A picture of your favorite quote


I love this quote. It is so completely simple, but so rarely done.

I'm not going to be the first to admit that more often then not I am the one stuck in a rut about what is going on around me. Be it with Dennis, work, school, or home I can definitely let it consume me and eat me alive. There have been days that I have definitely fought getting out of bed because of what is going on.

But thankfully God gave me a wonderful little girl who forces me to get up in the mornings, even when I'd rather curl up in a ball under the covers.

Life doesn't always work out the way we want it to. Things change, people let go, sometimes we take it too hard, but other times its important to take a step back and learn from those mistakes. Each moment is a learning experience, we may not know (or ever know) why things happen but there is always a reason.

For now I'm trying to enjoy each day, in some way, shape, or form. Do something for myself, take the Little out for ice cream, make a point of laughing at a joke. Just do SOMETHING, because I want to make sure I am dancing in the rain.



I actually purchased a vinyl wall decal that had this quote on it.

Opening our hearts to God allows ANY possibility, but we have to make sure we let Him control that.

It is definitely one of my favorite quotes as well, because it is all very true. Even in the darkest moments of our lives, we can look to God and find a light to reach out and grab.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Both very good qutoes Ashley! Life can be hard, but getting out there and tackling each day makes you a stronger person! PS My favorite is "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!"