Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 27 – A picture of your favorite night

Me, the Little and Kathryn, June 2011
Unfortunately there are not many people I can turn to when I'm having a really bad day. Yeah I've got friends I can talk to but there aren't many I go to when I need to be cheered up.

Kathryn however is one of those girls who I could call day or night and talk to about anything from deployment to DPW.

This particular night is definitely one of my favorites. I'd had a pretty terrible few days and I was just over everything. I called Kathryn, we chatted for a while and then made plans to do dinner and the post concert going on that afternoon. What started as a "cheer Ashlee up" night became much more.

We started with a few Corona's, tacos' and some country music. Then we loaded the Little up in the stroller and walked up and down the hills of Baumholder to get to our place under the ugly white tent in the gym parking lot. The nice thing about the military is the perks we get. The girls and I saw Toby Keith in Ramstein back in May 2010, for free. Its nice to have people who realize families serve to. The Jeremy Graham Band
were playing up on stage. He mostly did cover's of other country artist's hits, but it was still nice to get out of the house.

We laughed, joked, danced, took pictures and had a few more corona's by the time the night was over. And for the first time in days I was able to laugh. I could honestly say that I was having a good time. My entire world was crashing in around me, but I was smiling, joking and toasting to life. I was only able to do so because I had people around me that made it possible.

It was a night that I will not forget. And now I look back and thank my girls back in Germany, the ones that listened to me cry, sat with me as I complained, and took the extra 220 stuff from my house when we left. I am so glad that I had them in my life, they were more needed than they may have ever realized. Sometimes I wish I could wake up and see them all again and give them big hugs and tell them how much I love them and thank them for everything they'd done for me.

I LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!

No comments: