Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 23 – A picture of your favorite book


Since I have been able to read I've read quite a number of books. Some have peaked my interest and I couldn't put them down like, A Child Called It (incredible book, GO read it). Other books I could barely get through like, Holes.

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of those books I couldn't put down. I was the nerdy girl in bed reading with a flash light, just to be able to finish this book.

One of the most controversial banned books of all time. It is the story of a little girl, Scout, her father, and her life in a small Alabama town. 

Scout's father is set to defend Tom Robinson, a black man in the town accused of raping a young white girl. Since Scout's father, Atticus,  didn't want the children at the trial they watched from above. 

The story is about racism, the loss of innocence and compassion.

I read the book in high school and just fell in love with it. The characters, the plot, the sadness. I am that type of person who gets attached to people easily, falls too hard, and trusts too many people. I got completely attached to the characters in this book, even Tom Robinson.

Even the movie was good. And anyone who knows me, knows that I have 2 movies I like in black and white. Young Frankenstein (Abby-Abby Normal) and To Kill a Mockingbird. My standards are high.

No comments: