So I've never posted a recipe, mostly because I am terrible when it comes to cooking. Though in the words of my Grandma, "If you can read, you can cook!" Well bi-golly I can read...
Cooking during a deployment is rough. Especially when its just me and Kaylin. I can get away with eating cereal 5 nights a week if I want too. But I have GOT to break that habit. Soon she'll be 1, and no more formula. So I am going to have to provide her with the nutrients she needs. That means I have to start cooking.
So lately I've been trying out new recipe's and sharing with Kaylin. Sure the portions are way smaller and I avoid left overs...but its still not THAT bad. Here's the latest recipe I made, it actually was quite pleasant.
-Chicken Breasts (enough for the family)
-Regular Italian Dressing
- Pineapple Rings
- Swiss Cheese slices
1. Marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing for desired amount of time (I did about an hour).
2. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat with Italian dressing in pan until done and slightly browned, with dressing becoming thick and saucey. (Add extra Italian dressing if more sauce is desired).
3. Remove chicken from heat and place pineapple rings in the same pan on medium heat until slightly browned to enhance flavor.
4. Add chicken breasts back to pan, and place pineapple rings on top of the chicken.
5. Add sliced Swiss Cheese and cover the chicken and pineapple rings; allow cheese to melt.
6. Enjoy this simple meal with brown or white rice and green beans, or simply whatever you like best!
So my friends, don't be afraid to try this one out. Its actually pretty good and very filling! Kaylin and I shared this one tonight.